Is the Toyota RAV4 All-Wheel Drive?
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 offers all-wheel drive in every trim, and with the high-end Adventure trim, it comes standard. If you were wondering whether all RAV4 models are AWD, the answer is that they can be! However, the particular Toyota all-wheel drive system that comes with your vehicle varies depending on the trim you select.
Toyota RAV4 AWD Systems
- RAV4 LE, RAV4 XLE, and RAV4 XLE Premium models can get equipped with basic all-wheel drive (AWD). This system improves handling and performance, giving you the confidence needed to travel through rain and snow.
- Drivers who opt for the Toyota RAV4 Adventure or Limited trims will enjoy a more capable Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive System (TV-AWD). This system stands out because it can direct up to 50 percent of power to the rear wheels when needed. A rear driveline disconnect also comes standard in these models.
- The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid offers its own all-wheel drive system – Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive – which is also standard! Unlike the other systems, the hybrid model delivers additional power and handling, whenever needed, using the built-in electric motor.
Even though this guide is focused on the 2019 Toyota RAV4, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions about a different model year.
RAV4 Performance Features
The available RAV4 all-wheel drive systems not only make this crossover exciting to drive, but it can also handle better on the roads of Chula Vista. For improved capability and performance, the following features either come standard or optional:
- Multi-Terrain Select – With AWD equipped, you can switch between Mud & Sand, Rock & Dirt, and Normal terrain settings.
- Drive Modes – Switch between Normal, Sport, and ECO driving modes with the press of a button. On hybrid models, an additional EV mode is included.
- Engine and Transmission – All gas-powered versions of the RAV4 come equipped with a Dynamic Force 2.5L inline-4 engine and a Direct-Shift 8-speed automatic transmission.
In its standard configuration, the Toyota RAV4 can tow 1,500 pounds, but those who opt for the Adventure trim will be able to handle up to 3,500!
Find a New Toyota RAV4 for Sale in San Diego
If you are ready to enhance your Carlsbad drives, you can find the perfect new Toyota RAV4 for sale in San Diego at Mossy Toyota. Our team is ready to help you explore your options, compare the RAV4 against the Honda CR-V, learn about the RAV4 performance features, and secure financing with a used RAV4 model! Give our team a call with any questions!
More About the 2019 RAV4
Is the Toyota RAV4 All-Wheel Drive?
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 offers all-wheel drive in every trim, and with the high-end Adventure trim, it comes standard. If you were wondering whether all RAV4 models are AWD, the answer is that they can be! However, the particular Toyota all-wheel drive system that comes with your vehicle varies depending on the trim you select….
How Much Can a Toyota RAV4 Tow?
Our adventurous neighbors only have great things to say about the new Toyota RAV4, and it’s not hard to see why. After all, this compact SUV is spacious, smartly designed, and more than capable of hauling heavy cargo. This much is true no matter which RAV4 configuration you settle on: Even the most affordable RAV4…
What Are the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Trim Levels?
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 configurations are priced between $25,500 MSRP* and $33,500 MSRP*, and that means there’s a new Toyota RAV4 for everyone. No matter what kind of budget you’re working with, it’s easy to find a Toyota RAV4 trim level that has all the features you’re searching for. What’s more, when you drive with…
0 comment(s) so far on Is the Toyota RAV4 All-Wheel Drive?