What is the MPG of a Toyota Corolla?
The 2020 Toyota Corolla has just arrived in Chula Vista and Carlsbad, and already, drivers want to know what the new Toyota Corolla mpg estimates are going to be. Today, we can safely tell you that they’re just as impressive as ever: the gas-powered Corolla Sedan will enjoy up to 31 mpg city and 41 mpg highway*. What’s more, the new Corolla Hybrid will offer even more value with a remarkable 53 mpg city/52 mpg highway*.
2020 Corolla Gas Mileage
To help you make the right choice, we’ve listed out all of the 2020 Toyota Corolla fuel economy estimates by trim level in the space below:
- 2020 Toyota Corolla L – 30 mpg city / 38 mpg highway / 33 mpg combined*
- 2020 Toyota Corolla LE – 30 mpg city / 38 mpg highway / 33 mpg combined*
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid LE – 53 mpg city / 52 mpg highway / 52 mpg combined*
- 2020 Toyota Corolla SE (CVT) – 31 mpg city / 40 mpg highway / 34 mpg combined*
- 2020 Toyota Corolla SE (Manual Transmission) – 29 mpg city / 36 mpg highway / 32 mpg combined*
- 2020 Toyota Corolla XLE – 29 mpg city / 37 mpg highway / 32 mpg combined*
- 2020 Toyota Corolla XSE – 31 mpg city / 38 mpg highway / 34 mpg highway*
Corolla Efficiency Features
Depending on which Corolla trim you select, you’ll receive one of several powertrains:
- A 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence
- 139 hp and 126 lb-ft of torque
- A 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine with Valvematic
- 169 hp and 151 lb-ft of torque
- A 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine with Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence
- 121 hp and 105 lb-ft of torque
- Engine paired with an electric motor in hybrid trims
Of course, a smartly-designed engine isn’t the only component that helps the Corolla to drive so efficiently. Depending on the trim you select, your model will come outfitted with one of the following transmissions:
- Continuously Variable Transmission with intelligence and Shift Mode (CVTi-S)
- 6-speed Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT)
- Dynamic-Shift Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with physical First-launch gear
- Electronically-controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)
All models utilize front-wheel drive, but on some trims, you’ll be able to choose between several available drive modes. Hybrid models offer Power, ECO, and EV (fully-electric) settings, while SE and XSE trims can switch between Normal and Sport modes.
Choosing the Right 2020 Corolla
If you’ve settled on an affordable and practical gas-powered Toyota Corolla, the most fuel efficient option is the Corolla SE (CVT), which delivers 31 mpg city and 40 mpg highway*. However, if you decide not to upgrade, you should know that the baseline Corolla–priced at $19,500 MSRP**–is also more efficient than ever before. Last year’s Corolla started with just 28 mpg in the city, while this year’s never gives you less than 30 mpg.
However, drivers who really want to prioritize efficiency would do well to take a closer look at the Corolla Hybrid, which is more than twice as efficient as the best-performing gas-powered trim. It starts out with a slightly higher price tag, at $22,950 MSRP, but you’ll save money every time you get on the road.
Schedule Your Test Drive Today!
The 2020 Toyota Corolla has finally arrived at Mossy Toyota, and when you find a new Corolla for sale today, browse our available Corolla lease specials, and then be among the first to take it out for a test drive. Learn more about the 2020 Corolla and how long the Corolla will last, by reaching out to Mossy Toyota, or apply for financing if you’re ready to take the next steps.
Learn More at Mossy Toyota
If you’re searching for a new, fuel efficient sedan for your San Diego commute, then you won’t want to miss out on the 2020 Toyota Camry. Not only is the new Toyota Camry one of the most reliable cars on the road, but it offers a hybrid model and performance engine options. When you drive a…
When it’s time to upgrade your ride with a spacious and reliable Toyota SUV for sale in the Carlsbad area, the exterior color options can make a difference. Explore the Toyota 4Runner colors and find the one – whether it’s bold or neutral – that matches your unique personality. Browse our inventory of new Toyota…
How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow? Each of the 2020 Toyota 4Runner trim levels can tow up to 5,000 pounds*. The 2020 Toyota 4Runner comes standard with all of the latest towing features needed to hit the road on an exciting adventure. So before you leave on your next camping trip near La Jolla with…
*2020 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.
**MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $920 for Cars (Yaris, Yaris iA, 86, Corolla, Corolla HB, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1045 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,395 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.