How Much Can a Toyota RAV4 Tow?
Our adventurous neighbors only have great things to say about the new Toyota RAV4, and it’s not hard to see why. After all, this compact SUV is spacious, smartly designed, and more than capable of hauling heavy cargo. This much is true no matter which RAV4 configuration you settle on:
- Even the most affordable RAV4 can tow up to 1,500 pounds without difficulty. Hybrid models use their electric motors to increase towing capacity to 1,750 pounds.
- Those who upgrade with the highly-capable Adventure trim will be able to tow up to 3,500 pounds!
- The maximum RAV4 payload varies between 1,080 and 1,240 pounds.
Learn more about the 2019 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity and performance features with Mossy Toyota near La Jolla.
What Can I Tow with the 2019 Toyota RAV4?
At the end of the day, most drivers just want to be able to haul their favorite toys and equipment! So, how much towing capacity do you really need?
- Those who only need to haul a basic pop-up tent trailer or a small aluminum boat will be more than happy with a 1,500-pound maximum.
- If you own a motorized outboard boat, a larger trailer, or a set of all-terrain vehicles, you’ll be best served by an upgraded model with a 3,500-pound maximum.
Toyota RAV4 Engine and Performance Specs
- All 2019 Toyota RAV4 models receive a 2.5L Dynamic Force four-cylinder engine.
- In non-hybrid models, the engine is paired with a Direct-Shift 8-speed electronically-controlled transmission. Hybrid models have been designed with an ECVT.
- Non-hybrid models offer 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. An electric motor increases the total system horsepower of the RAV4 Hybrid to 219 hp.
Toyota RAV4 All-Wheel Drive
Three different all-wheel drive systems are available on the 2019 Toyota RAV4. One of these is available or standard on every model, but the option which you receive will depend on the trim which you select:
- L, LE, and XLE: Front-wheel drive is standard, and basic all-wheel drive is available.
- Adventure: Dynamic Torque-Vectoring All-Wheel Drive (TV-AWD) is standard.
- Limited: Front-wheel drive is standard, but those who upgrade will receive TV-AWD.
- Hybrid Models: Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive is standard on every model with an electric motor.
What other performance features set the 2019 Toyota RAV4 apart? Here, we’ve listed just a few of the highlights:
- Standard Sport, ECO, and Normal drive modes
- Available Sand, Rock, Dirt, and Snow drive modes
- Active Cornering Assist
- Up to 8.6 inches of ground clearance
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Trailing wishbone-style multi-link rear suspension
- Power-assisted ventilated 12.0-inch front disc brakes
- Ventilated 11.1-inch rear disc brakes with Star Safety System™
- Direct Shift eight-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
Experience the RAV4 Performance for Yourself!
If you think the new Toyota RAV4 looks good on paper, you’ll find even more to love when you get behind the wheel at Mossy Toyota. Although we can’t give you a demonstration of the 2019 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity, we can definitely show you how it handles the roads of Chula Vista and Encinitas.
More Toyota Model Features
- November 8, 2020
The 2021 Toyota RAV4 can tow as much as 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. That’s more than enough for most compact and popup RV trailers, or sports equipment like jet skis. Join the Mossy Toyota team for a detailed look at Toyota RAV4 towing capacity, towing performance features, and more as you decide on your next…
- November 8, 2020
When properly equipped, the Toyota 4Runner towing capacity reaches 5,000 pounds. That’s plenty of power to handle anything from ATVs to RVs, and a long list of standard performance features ensure that you stay safe while hauling heavy loads. If you’re still deciding on the right SUV for your La Jolla camping trips and cross-country adventures,…
- October 12, 2020
The 2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro was designed by the Toyota Racing Development team to give San Diego drivers the off-road capability, performance, and unmatched power they’re looking for in a pickup. With a starting MSRP of $48,775*, this Toyota Tundra offers class-exclusive Tundra TRD wheels, interior features, and exterior styling. Learn more about the Toyota…